Windham Vacation Property Real Estate Lawyer
If you are planning to invest in a second home in the Catskills, you should know that there are many legal issues to be considered. At Esslie & Frenia, P.C., in Cairo, New York, we can help make sure that your interests are protected.
We represent both year round residents and owners who reside in other areas who own summer homes in the Catskills. Each situation is unique, and each faces unique issues. We can assist with a range of legal matters, including:
- Negotiation of purchase agreements
- Creation of LLCs for family-owned vacation property, protection from personal liability and creation of clear rules for use and maintenance of the property
- Payment and/or reduction of property taxes
- Interactions with seasonal homeowner associations
- Joint ownership of vacation property
- Vacation rentals/subletting and assignment of property rights
- Property management
- Permits/land use and zoning
Many of our clients have interests in vacation properties in places throughout Greene County, including near Hunter Mountain and Windham Mountain. They visit their properties only at certain times per year to go skiing or enjoy the scenic Catskill Mountains.
As experienced attorneys, we know that certain legal issues can arise when property sits empty much of the year. We can help our clients avoid potential problems so that their vacation property remains an asset — and never a burden.
Let Our Lawyers Answer Your Questions
You can turn to us for a full range of issues, from real estate closing assistance in Hunter or Windham to the negotiation of a lease for a Catskill Mountain vacation property. Contact us by calling 518-622-9910 to speak with an attorney.